Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > MD802 freezes when trying to save data
MD802 freezes when trying to save data

1832 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2016-03-12 01:24:22

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    ncv3joe
    2016-03-10 19:45:11
     My md802 freezes any time I press the Save button from any screen. I have tried it on my 2008 Dodge Sprinter and my 2003 Saturn ion. With the sprinter I can select it from the Chrysler sprinter path or from the Mercedes sprinter path. In all cases whenever I have a screen that has a SAVE button option and I press it, the screen remains the same with no response from any buttons pressed, requiring a disconnect / reconnect to get by it. I couldn't find any similar issue in the faq's for md802. I also tried a format and reinstall of the SD card. The card is a sandisk ultra plus 16gb, 48mb/sec. Everything else seems to function as expected with this tool. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    ncv3joe
    2016-03-10 20:38:20
     I should have done this before submitting this issue. I tried switching back to the Sandisk 8gb class.4 card I had previously loaded and it saves data no problem. I can't remember if I had previously tried saving with this card. Hey, I'm 63 and that was 4 months ago. Anyway I'm off to find a class 4 16gb SD card.

Joe

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    ncv3joe
    2016-03-12 01:24:22
     I can't find a class4 SD card greater than 8gb. The 16gb class10 Sandisk that will not save data (mentioned in my original post) is the lowest class card I can find above 8gb. Has anyone else been able to save data to a card greater than 8gb? I only have 1.4gb left on my 8gb card after doing a full install. This may be enough to save a lot of live-data (I'll have to do more testing). My other option would be to get another 8gb card and not install any vehicles I' m not likely to ever encounter. Other than this minor issue, I'm very impressed with this tool so far.

If Anyone could share their experience saving data to a md802 that sheds any light on this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  Total1 Pages